Hi. I’m Rick. It’s always a little weird to talk about yourself. But here it goes.
I am the Senior Director of Business Intelligence at a Consulting Firm and am responsible for leading reporting and analytics deployments around the country — sometimes the globe. My home base is RickGrantham.com where I am focused on Excel and Small Business Owners. I am also the emcee at Excel TV. I lost the coin toss 🙂
What I Bring to Excel TV
I bring a passion for analytics and data that spans over 2 decades. Everything from financial modeling to the use of Excel for Operations Research optimization models. I have more of a focus on larger clients and industrial strength reporting and analytic solutions. My background includes:
- Datamining and algorithm building – If you have a credit card, I may have written the algorithm that determines how you get treated if you go past due or over limit. I am over a decade out of practice on this stuff… but it is part of my background.
- Financial Modeling – I built forecasting models in the credit card industry to predict bankruptcies and past due credit risk. Later in my career, I was responsible for developing the ‘Pricing’ at an HR Outsourcing company. This included building salary arbitrage models and forward looking financial statement (NPV, IRR, etc) for $100M+ deals.
- Six Sigma and Process Improvement – I am a Six Sigma Blackbelt and led a team of data miners and Six Sigma Blackbelts at a Fortune 500 Company
- Business Intelligence – I was the global lead for Business Intelligence for a Fortune 500 Company and have led Business Intelligence deployments of 4 continents. I am a Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) from the Data Warehouse Institute.
- Public Speaking – I typically speak at 2+ Reporting and Analytics Conferences a year.
- Excel – I have been in and out of Excel for 20 years and I consider myself an Excel Enthusiast. I friggin’ love this stuff 🙂 And I have determined that this is how I want to spend the second half of my career. So I’m here to stay. Might as well get used to me.
Me and the Boyz
- I am a divorced father of 3 boys, plus 2 older step children that I consider my own. So I usually say that I have 5 kids.
- I am still a traveling consultant and manage the growth of the Business Intelligence practice at my employer, EPI-USE.
- I often blog for my employer on industrial-strength analytical issues.
- Since I travel so frequently, in many shows you will find me in a hotel room- because that is just the way my life is right now.
- I have a Bachelors in General Studies from Jacksonville University. — yep, General Studies. Don’t be a HATER!
- I believe that the Jacksonville Jaguars and Florida Gators will win every game they play. Seriously. They really will.
- I reside in Orange Park, Florida – just outside of Jacksonville.