This is the third in a series of interviews targeting people who “Make a Difference” in the Excel community. Authors, Blog Writers, Teachers, excel help gurus, etc. If they are a Microsoft Excel expert — then I am trying to tackle them and get them to speak to you here. Many of these interviews will be video skype interviews, and others will be text.
Jordan Goldmeier, Excel MVP, owner at Goldmeier Consulting, host of OptionExplicitVBA.com and author of upcoming book Dashboards for Excel.
When Jordan and I sat down to talk, I expected it to be a 20 minute interview. Instead, we talked for almost two hours. This first edit is less than 20 minutes. There will be additional edits later. As such… to quote The Offspring… I Gotta Keep ’em Separated.
In this first interview, we discussed books. Specifically his new book Dashboards for Excel and the process that he went through to become an author. Additionally, Jordan discusses his favorite books for Excel and Dashboards.
How to Find Jordan Goldmeier
Well… the guy is all over the place. If you are posting on an Excel forum or discussion group, look in the comments section and you will probably see his name. Recently, Jordan has started his own consulting company Goldmeier Consulting to assist customers with their Excel needs. Have an excel problem you need help with? Might as well get an expert on the case. Contact Jordan at Goldmeier Consulting.
- Goldmeier Consulting – Jordan’s consulting company
- OptionExplicitVBA.com – Jordan’s BLOG
- For Excel training and workshop purposes, Jordan has teamed up with the guys at Excel and Access, LLC
- Dashboards for Excel – Get the book
Sites and Books Jordan Mentioned
- Excel Dashboards & Reports for Dummies – Book
- Professional Excel Development – Book
- Perceptual Edge – Stephen Few’s BLOG
- Chandoo.org – Website
- Elements of Style – Book
- A Discipline of Programming – Book
- Information Dashboard Design – Book
- Show me the Numbers – Book
- Information Visualization, Perception for Design – Book
- The Functional Art: An introduction to information graphics and visualization (Voices That Matter) – Book
- A Visual Display of Quantitative Information – Book
Other Excel Expert Interviews
- Excel Expert Interview – VIDEO explaining the process.
- Mynda Treacy – Excel Trainer and Blogger
- Cary Walkin – Excel video game developer
Did you like this?
Want to hear from more Excel experts? If so… Let me know in the comments section. Hit one of those cool Facebook/Twitter/Like buttons. Have an excel website or blog? Interested in sharing your site with my audience? Get ahold of me at [email protected] for interview details.
Until Next Time…
Be A Champion