I've received a ton of buzz over email about the Global Excel Summit! Rather than answer each individual question, I thought I'd put together this FAQ.
How do I use the coupon code Excel.TV-15% to get 15 percent off?
To save 15 percent on the registration fee, do this:
- Go to https://globalexcelsummit.com/#tickets
- Select the Delegate Ticket
- Fill in your personal information and address until you reach the checkout page.
- At the checkout page, place Excel.TV-15% in the Discount field and press set. (See below!)
- Then Press the Checkout Button!
What should I do after I sign up?
Let me know as soon as possible. I am holding a special happy hour for our Excel.TV friends.
Will the conference provide visa invitation letters?
At the end of each registration, people will see an invitation letter template that they can download, fill out at print for any visa applications they attend.
What's your talk about?
I'm glad you asked!
Over the years of trying to be a freelancer and then becoming an entrepreneur (rather, embracing it), I've gathered a lot of thoughts and opinions. And I've made more mistakes than I've ever dreamed about. And I've received a lot of help and guidance along the way.
I want to tell you everything I've learned -- so that's what I'll attempt to do in my talk. My plan is that my slide deck will be downloadable for all attendees which could serve as a handbook as you go out on your own journey (and we likely won't cover everything, so you can review what we weren't able to go over). I plan to do about 30-40 minutes going through the things I've learned, which includes everything from:
- Whether you should invest yourself in learning a language like VBA or focus on new technologies like python--and what the value of certificates bring
- The role social media plays in creating a client pipeline (and what to do if you hate social media)
- How to identify the the needs of your community
I plan to leave the remaining time for questions.
I've spent the last decade speaking in some form or another, but I've not been as excited about delivering a talk in a long, long time.
So I hope you to see you there!