Let's be honest. If you are an Excel Consultant, you're kind of special. Going to your average Excel website and reading pages of how to do a VLookup bores you to tears.
Here at Excel TV, we have the benefit of interviewing Excel Bloggers, Trainers, Authors, and Experts in the field. We ask them how they built their websites, how they built their consulting firms. tips to interacting with the business or IT. Or said differently, we asked them the sorts of things you would have liked to ask them.
We also speak to Excel conference organizers. And since most Excel Consultants don't attend every (if any) conference, we have documented our attendance where possible.
Also... Some people may have ended up on this page because they are looking to hire and Excel Consultant. We will help you with that too.
How To Hire An Excel Consultant
- What To Look For In An Excel Developer - Excel MVP Jordan Goldmeier informs you of the skills that you should look for.
How To Blog, Podcast, Train, & More
Once you break out on your own, Excel gurus are often compelled to become more visible. To start a blog, create training materials, etc. To put yourself out there so people can find you. Click on the links below to learn from the best on how they developed their online presence and cultivated their products and brand.
- How To Create Excel Training Courses - with Excel MVP Mynda Treacy [VIDEO]
- Excel Book Authors Share What They Have Learned About Writing Books - with 3 Excel Authors [VIDEO]
- Tips For Starting An Excel Blog - with Excel Blogger Dick Moffatt [VIDEO]
- How To Start An Excel Consulting Service - Excel MVP Kevin Jones [VIDEO]
Tips For Excel Developers
These are not coding tips necessarily. We have those kinds of tips all over this website. Rather, this is a focus on the soft skills needed. What do the best in the business think the role of IT is? How about the business user? In the links below, we offer you perspectives from Excel gurus.
- What Makes An Analyst Great? - with Excel Blogger Kevin Lehrbass
- What Is The Role Of The Excel User?
- Excel Programmers and IT Alliances - with Excel Blogger Chris Newman
- What To Do When You Inherit Someone's Spreadsheet
- Making Better Spreadsheet Models - from Excel MVP Jordan Goldmeier
- Excel For Business Intelligence and Analytics - with BI thought leader Mico Yuk [VIDEO]
- What Is Big Data? - Thoughts From Excel MVP Oz du Soleil
- People, Tools & Processes In Excel Development - [VIDEO]
- What Have You Conquered With Excel? - with Solver.com President Daniel Fylstra [VIDEO]
Excel Expert Interviews
Interviewing Excel, VBA, and Power BI experts is our full time gig. So over the coming months, we will give you plenty of links to the Interview segments of our show. These will include authors, bloggers, trainers and consultants. You get to hear them in their own words. This isn't a tips section. This is a Q&A format. Here are a few interviews to get you started. More to come.
- Q&A with Excel Book Publisher Bill Jelen - aka Mr Excel [VIDEO]
- Ginger Grant - Power BI Blogger from DesertIsleSQL.com [VIDEO]
Conferences and Public Speaking
Here at Excel TV, our hosts are asked to speak at a lot of Excel conferences. When we go, we bring our video camera and blog when possible. In other instances, we speak to the conference organizers and bring you their thoughts here. The articles below aren't a substitute for attending the conference, but it should give you a decent feel for what to expect from Excel & Power BI Conferences as you are budgeting your travel and training dollars.
Amsterdam Excel Summit - 2015
- Speakers & Program from the Summit [VIDEO] - with Excel MVP & Summit Organizer Jan Karel Pieterse
PASS Business Analytics Conference - 2015
- LIVE Stream from the conference reception hour [VIDEO] - Lots of Excel MVPs - But a warning, LIVE Streams are unedited.
- Excel TV Hosts Preview Their Presentations [VIDEO] - This is a preview before the hosts left for the conference
- PASS BA Primer [VIDEO] - with PASS BA Director and SQL Server MVP Denise McInerney
- Memories From PASS BA 2015 from Excel MVP Oz du Soleil
ModelOFF - Financial Modeling World Championship - 2014
- ModelOFF 2014 Full Episode - This is the full episode that we did at the World Championships. Lots of pictures and videos. Check it out.
- Analysis Of The Contestants - Using Excel - Analysis by Excel MVP Oz du Soleil
- What The ModelOFF Competition Says About The Future Of Excel - Analysis by Excel MVP Jordan Goldmeier
- Streaming Footage From ModelOFF [VIDEO] - Streaming footage and thoughts as we sat in the stands as the champions were announced. Live footage.
- ModelOFF - Day Of The Test - Excel MVP Jordan Goldmeier shares his analysis as he watches the final testing
- Blog Post - Traveling To ModelOFF - Rick Grantham
- Blog Post - Preparing For ModelOFF - thoughts from Excel MVP Oz du Soleil
MVP Summit - Microsoft Headquarters - 2014
- LIVE Stream from the MVP Summit at Microsoft Headquarters - Lots of Excel MVPs - But a warning, LIVE Streams are unedited.